CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Ready, Set, College

For the first time in my life... I am already sick of summer. Not the warmth or the sun... i love them more than anything. I just want school to start. August is starting to creep up on us and reminding us what we are about to become and go through. On May 29th... I didn't feel as prepared and excited to move on as I am now. I now feel like I can take on the world... one step at a time, of course.

I'm majoring in art with an emphasis in graphic design. To actually be counted as an art major, I would have had to applied for it in March or something... I thought I was going to be majoring in marketing then... so I'm not really counted as an art major and can't take a lot of the art classes. Because of this, I am getting 12 general credits out of the way, which will be nice in the long run. For living, I applied for Bullen Hall (where Tyler and Enano lived and where Tish is living this fall)...I got into the nicer LLC buildings instead. My roommate's name is Janey is really awesome. I've only met her on facebook... but me and her get a long really well. Money hasn't been too stressful with my family. My mom got a new job at the new Golden Door Spa (spa in the Dakota Lodge at the Canyons, a Hilton Hotel) but hasn't been making very much money so far. It's a damn good thing my grandpa gave me $1000 for graduation... it's helping us a lot.

I think letting people go has been a big thing for me this summer. Last summer, I got to comfortable with the thought that I would see people a lot and visit them. This time I know it can't happen as much as I want it to. I haven't really seen anyone... and it's actually making this easier. For Natalie and Kristen... you can do it, I promise. When everyone left last year, I thought it was the end of the world. It's actually easier than you think. Making new friends and moving on in life is just a part of life. It will be just as hard for us... we are being pushed into a crazy world to live on our own and be with completely new people, something we've never had to do before in the entire 18 years of life.

I don't know if this blog was dumb sounding or deep hearted or anything... but it felt good to say. That is all. I love you all so very much. Keep blogging. I want to know what you guys are up to. :)
Much love, Randi Lynn Ranson

3 awesome comment(s):

Edward said...

Wow Randi, I have never felt that kind of a depth from you...its nice. I feel a lot the same way and I pray that our careers will lead us into each other some day. I think I am doing the same thing...Art Major with minor in Graphic Design. Love you!

Tish Tish said...

Oh Randi! Twill be nice up at USU! Good luck in your major. I'm sure I will see you around. :) yip yip

Tish

Jennifer said...

The ones that matter have a way of coming back to you :)